Dec 10 2011
LISTENING TO: Little Saint Nick — The Beach Boys
CURRENTLY READING: The Girl of Fire and Thorns, by Rae Carson
- Christmas decorations. Some people content themselves with a Christmas tree; I like to decorate every nook and cranny in the house until the whole thing sparkles and shines so brightly, astronauts can see it from outer space. My son loves it. My husband has learned to live with it. My new neighbors … well, I’m sure they’ll adapt. Eventually.
- “Fairytale Of New York”, by The Pogues. Need I say more?
- Food. Ordinarily, I’m not one for cooking — my husband is an exceptionally good cook — but for Christmas the kitchen becomes my domain. I make everything from scratch, from the eggnog to the stuffing (with corn bread and Italian spicy sausage … mmm, yummy). Seriously, does anything taste as good as Christmas food?
- My son running down the stairs on Christmas morning, barefoot and sleepy, asking, “Did Santa come?”
- Midnight Christmas mass by candlelight.
Have a great December, guys!